Data Protection Policy
Searix Solutions International Pte. Ltd. collects information to understand your needs better. This helps us to improve our services and the way we communicate with you.
We know that privacy is important to you and we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we serve you.
We conduct our business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and have implemented additional measures to protect your personal information.
Ways we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information when:
- You subscribe to or utilize our products or services
- You contact us with a question or request for assistance
- We act on behalf of our customers to provide a product or service to you
The information we collect
The information we collect depends on the products and services you use and subscribe to. Here are key examples:
- Your identity – This includes NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, as well as information such as device ID and IP address. We may also collect your employee ID if requested by your employer.
- Your interaction with us – For example, a note or recording of a call you make to one of our team members, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us.
- Information from other organisations – These organisations include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, credit reference agencies or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
How we use your information
We may use your information for:
Provisioning & administration of services
- Process your orders
- Enable us to process bills and payments
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
- Inform you about service upgrades and updates
- Facilitate interconnection and inter-operability with other authorized vendors in order to achieve service requirements
- Store information for performing certain functions such as completing forms, facilitating website navigation, authentication, and enabling marketing and advertising technology
Market research, network & service enhancement
- Conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys to improve our customer service; develop new products, as well as personalise the services we offer you
- Improve our network, for example by looking at usage and mobility patterns
- *Perform market analysis
- **Improve your user experience based on your usage behaviour on our websites and applications
(Upon request from private and public organisations, we may provide information collected as described above for their planning purposes. The information included within any reports to these organisations is always aggregated and anonymised such that no particular individual is identifiable.)
Sharing of rewards and benefits
- Offer rewards and promotions, and share promotional benefits and loyalty programs which you may qualify for
- Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver relevant advertising, including through voice, SMS and digital advertising with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
Security and risk management
- Inform you of service and security issues
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes and recover debts
- Conduct internal audits and determine creditworthiness
- Ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems
- Conduct checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks
Legal & regulatory requirements
- Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We will not offer, publish or share your personal data with third parties outside of the Searix Group for commercial purposes, without seeking your explicit permission.
We will retain your information for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- Companies in the Searix Group
- Authorized business partners and vendors we work with to deliver products and services to you
- Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
- Financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating GIRO payments
- Research institutions for market analysis purposes
Your information is disclosed to the above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers.
In some cases, we encrypt, anonymise and aggregate the information before sharing it. Anonymizing means stripping the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups or segments e.g. age groups.
We will also ensure that overseas organisations we work with observe strict confidentiality and data protection obligations.
Protecting your information
We have implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems
- Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors
- Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information
We may amend or modify this Policy from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation. We remain committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices.
“We”, “our” and “us” refer to all Searix Solutions International organizations.